Friday, September 28, 2018

Cherishing every moment and a new beginning

I have been thinking of resuming blogging for a few months but could not do so. Today, when my husband was sharing something my 3-year old said to him, I remembered another intelligent remark he made earlier in the day but unfortunately I could not recall it. Then my husband commented that I should keep a diary to save these memories but I abruptly rejected the idea saying that I do not have enough time for it.
But then when I was in the washroom an interesting thought crossed my mind (it's weird how I have these reflections in the washroom). I realized that even though I am completely pre-occupied with kids and other household chores, the only way I could cherish every moment is by saving it, recording it and reflecting on it. This is how I could be more grateful, content and productive. And here I am writing a post after a long time.

I actually wanted to start a new blog with a different title like 'My parenting/teaching  journey'. But the title was already taken. I could have tried other titles but that was not my focus for the night. I just wanted to overcome the roadblock and resume blogging tonight before I lose the motivation and will power or get distracted in something else.

Basically, I want to share my teaching journey after I became a parent in the upcoming posts. It has been an amazing experience and I never thought I could utilize my teacher's education without doing a proper teaching  job at a school.

After having my first child, I taught as a grade 11/12 teacher for a year at a private school. It was a great learning experience. But I realized that I should try younger grades. Then, I did an Additional Qualification course for Primary Education just after I delivered my second child. Since then I have been a full time housewife. But I was still able to use the tools, strategies and resources, which I attained from the teacher's education. I fulfilled my passion of teaching by developing the love of reading and writing (in general, learning) in my kids from a very young age, by teaching my older one to read and write even before she started kindergarten and by organizing Winter break/ March break and  summer camps at my house for my daughter and her friends from the neighbourhood.


I will share details of all my teaching accomplishments and reflections in the upcoming posts, inshaAllah. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment